I’m ecstatic that you will be playing at midnight to kick off 2013 at LED OMFG for New Years Eve in San Diego. I’m sure you’ve got plenty of new bootlegs, remixes, and original productions to blow our collective minds during your set.
I’m so happy that you’ve blown up since Dylan and I first discovered you in April or May of 2011. I think your Westside EP is perfection. I know you’ve been heading into a dubsteppy/trap direction lately. Your remix of Chuckie’s “Who Is Ready To Jump?” is probably one of my favorite tracks, actually. That real bassy electro drop you go into got my little brother into EDM.
But what would make me the happiest dude in the world during new years would be a VIP remix of “Westside.” The groove, the moombahton undertones, the straight dancehall vibe makes the entire crowd move.
“Westside” to kick off the new year will be perfect. Not to mention, a slight breather from the trap storm Baauer is going to throw down right before you would be dope. Actually, dgaf, trap up Westside, do whatever with it. It’s going to KNOCK whatever you do. The world needs to be exposed to your old stuff!
Thanks buddy, I’ll buy ya a beer!
Begin trusting people as real friends again
Took a damn long time after an incident where someone who I’d consider a best friend stole $300 from my home during Summer 2010, but I’m over being sad/angry/judgmental/depressed/unable to trust people. Going to give my faith in humanity a second go around.
Long story short, my resolution will be to make my life the happiest it can be and to strengthen all my friendships. Life is good
Nothing from Jan 1, but here’s a pic from Tina’s 19th birthday party on Jan 2, 2010 lol!
I seriously have no pictures of me from early January 2011. Here’s something from mid-January. Say hello to all the Kumar kids
- Neil Bhattacharya
- Eric Pestana
- Alex Welling
- Aisa Ledesma
- Anabelle Lin
- Jordan Thi
- Decide where I want to end up post-grad. LA or SF
- stop obsessing over every little thing/mmistake
- group of close friends in LA I can regularly kick it with
- begin producing/DJing (involves the investment in equipment!!!)
- fix some friendships
- invest more money for savings / my future
- become closer with everyone in san jose
- become closer with the people I actually care about in LA and be a real friend
- chill out the partying a bit
- try living in downtown LA!
- traffic should be more predictable
- I want dubstep to be bigger amongst my friends
- less fast food!
- more home-cooked meals
I’m going to be in my ACTUAL hometown of Patna, India for new years celebrating with family I haven’t seen since I was 12. I’d say I’m more or less a completely different person than I was when I was in the 7th grade, and it will be super interesting to see what my family thinks of me solely based off my Facebook page.
Party-wise, I’ll be going to the Sunburn Festival on the beaches of Goa from December 27-29. Pretty damn amped!
Axwell @ The Warfield in SF
My cat, Avery
Diplo & Dillon Francis at UCLA
Vegas for cousins’ birthdays
Drunk brunchin & potluck with some of my best friends at USC
HARD Summer LA! Besides EDC, the best rave I’ve been to. Good friends, good times
- fell in love with nature. obsessed with sunrises
- ended what seemed to be a never-ending rut of depression
- had the most epic/unforgettable weekend of my life (EDC 2011! Steven & Alyssa, thank you for being there to make so many memories with me!)
- hardest academic semester of my life with every math-intensive class in one semester
- began working on two business ideas i’ve got
- learned how to mess with Ableton and produce some beats (second I get my hand on some controllers, I want to begin producing some dubstep/moombah)
- got a cat, and realized i’ll be “that cat guy” till my 30s, but I love her to death
- went to jail. that was fun -__-
- awkwardly let some friendships die out
- switched to a PC, tried android for a while, went back to the iphone