Los Angeles 2020. Since my last map of Los Angeles was posted, LA Mayor Villaraigosa and the Los Angeles MTA have decided to accelerate their subway construction timetable. A lot. For comparison, this is what the system looks like now. By 2020, LA should have the second-largest subway system in the U.S., after New York.
For everyone who doesn’t think LA has a good subway system. 2020 really isn’t that far away when it comes to these type of civic improvements.
This makes me so unbelievably happy.
Do you know how groundbreaking taking a SUBWAY to Santa Monica, Century City, Whittier, and the GETTY will be? And Beverly Hills! Take that, 50-something rich ninnies!
Did you read that correctly? Second largest subway system in America, only behind NYC, by 2020.
Way to go, LA
- myhandmadejewelry likes this
- infinitedisinterest reblogged this from subwaymaps
- trampolinereviews4g reblogged this from manasewitsch
- foodstampsusa likes this
- a-kindofparanoiacinreverse reblogged this from lacmtalibrary
- lookjamesanthony likes this
- noorinataco reblogged this from tumblangeles and added:
- blaineitontheapplejuicee reblogged this from drtranphd
- peacebeast reblogged this from tumblangeles
- mohneeq likes this
- nikkiribas likes this
- This was featured in #News
- subwaymaps posted this